Software Engineer for our Kitchen
We are the digital health company behind Sensor Dot, a powerful wearable platform for 24/7 acquisition of physiologic and behavioral data. We have developed remote monitoring applications for COVID-19, epilepsy and cardiovascular diseases, and have a pipeline of additional clinical indications. Currently, we are looking for a software developer for our OncoCare@Home solution.
Byteflies is structured in autonomous cross-functional teams that all have skills to complete their own part of the Byteflies mission. All of these teams have great autonomy in reaching their goals. We are looking for an entrepreneurial colleague with lots of energy and passion to spread the telemonitor gospel and change the lives of patients and doctor
The Kitchen is the name of our production team. It's where we assemble and produce our Byteflies kits.
Software developer in the Kitchen is a very varied and challenging role.
You are responsible for all software within the production environment. The Kitchen works with a few purchased packages (mainly Odoo and Snipe-IT) but is run daily by a completely self-built package (Routecard).
In addition, as a developer in the Kitchen you also make IoT integrations with printers, barcode scanners, NFC writers and other devices.
You will immediately see the impact of your work. The routecard app is the heart of our Kaizen practice in the Kitchen. You look for improvements that make the process faster and more qualitative, implement them and see for yourself how this improves the quality of the products and the lives of the colleagues who build our devices.
The Kitchen software is built on modern software technologies. The Routecard app runs on AWS lambdas combined with a React JS frontend. The whole thing runs in CI/CD pipelines.
All the original builders of the applications in the Kitchen still work at Byteflies and can guide you through the code. After handover, you get the freedom to make your own architectural decisions (within the constraints imposed by our CTO).
Does this mean you need to have experience with the packages and tech stack mentioned above? Yes and no: we think a true software craftsman can learn any language. So don’t shy away if you don't check all the boxes. Willingness to learn and try new things on top of a strong foundation of solid software engineering practices is what we’re looking for.
What we will be on the lookout for
- Analytical skills
- Good communicator
- You are able to communicate development concepts to non-developers
- You are a team player and are willing to take on a variety of tasks
- You are at your best in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment, you’re willing to go the extra mile to learn from and train your colleagues
What we offer
- A possibility to take part in our journey to enable out-of-hospital monitoring and the chance to have a direct impact on people’s health care
- Growing with Byteflies will unlock rapid professional growth and lots of new challenges
- A bunch of awesome colleagues who will challenge you to keep learning
- A working environment based on real autonomy & responsibility
- A hybrid work environment: our main office is in Antwerp: we come to the office when we want to and when we need to. No policies will regulate your time in office vs remote work vs work with patients and hospitals/doctors
- A competitive salary and benefits package is of course part of the deal