Full stack Developer (CovidCare@Home)
We are the digital health company behind Sensor Dot, a powerful wearable platform for 24/7 acquisition of physiologic and behavioral data. We have developed remote monitoring applications for COVID-19, epilepsy and cardiovascular diseases, and have a pipeline of additional clinical indications. Currently, we are looking for a software developer for our CovidCare@Home solution.
Byteflies is structured in autonomous cross-functional teams that all have skills to complete their own part of the Byteflies mission. All of these teams have great autonomy in reaching their goals. We are looking for an entrepreneurial colleague with lots of energy and passion to spread the telemonitor gospel and change the lives of patients and doctors.
Being a full stack developer at Byteflies: what does that mean?
Yep, “full stack” is an umbrella term, and what you can/may do as a software developer is different in various organizations.. Our approach is very simple: you do whatever is needed to help us build the software part of our product: whether this means you code backend logic, are developing and evolving the dashboard the physicians use, dive into the AI components of our solutions, or develop a mobile app for patients. What we create and build, we also run. So include cloud & ops. “Cross-functional” is a term that comes to mind. Or “swiss army knife”.
As a team member you take part in thinking about and discussing how our product should evolve, you make suggestions for improvements (and not only technical ones). Your creative problem-solving skills should not stop at only technical aspects. We want to maximize your brainpower.
And what about our technical stack?
Time for some tech lingo: nodeJS (Typescript), CloudFormation, React (web + native), Amplify, Expo/EAS, AWS services (including AWS API gateway, AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB …) are languages and components in our tech stack today.
Does this mean you need to have experience with all of the above? Yes and no: we think a true software craftsman can learn any language. So don’t shy away if you don't check all the boxes. Willingness to learn and try new things on top of a strong foundation of solid software engineering practices is what we’re looking for.
What we will be on the lookout for
- Analytical skills
- Good communicator
- Software craftsmanship
- You are able to communicate development concepts to non-developers
- You are a team player and are willing to take on a variety of tasks
- You are at your best in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment, you’re willing to go the extra mile to learn from and train your colleagues
- A possibility to take part in our journey to enable out-of-hospital monitoring and the chance to have a direct impact on people’s health care
- Growing with Byteflies will unlock rapid professional growth and lots of new challenges
- A bunch of awesome colleagues who will challenge you to keep learning
- A working environment based on real autonomy & responsibility
- A hybrid work environment: our main office is in Antwerp: we come to the office when we want to and when we need to. Nobody will regulate your time in office vs remote work vs work with patients and hospitals/doctors
- A competitive salary and benefits package is of course part of the deal